Industry Ready - Week 6 - Making the most of the placement experience
Wednesday 6 March 14:00 until 14:45
University of Sussex Campus
Industry Ready: Mastering the Placement Application Process
The University of Sussex is delighted to be offering a new optional module for Engineering and Informatics students who are enrolled on an Industrial Placement (IP) Undergraduate or Masters programme, or who are interested in taking a year in industry but are not on an IP course. By the end of this module, you’ll have developed the skills and knowledge you need to secure and enjoy a successful industrial placement.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- find and secure an industrial placement.
- prepare your CV and cover letter.
- succeed in interviews and at assessment centres.
- make the most of your placement experience.
And you’ll develop the following transferable competencies:
- knowledge and practical experience of industry recruitment processes
- skills to conduct an effective job search.
- ability to apply for and secure a job
Week 6: Making the most of the placement experience
Learn how to make the most of your placement experience, including the practicalities, getting ready, and your first few weeks.
Open to: Engineering and Informatics students only
To find out more about this module, please see below or contact Kathryn Mountford, Careers Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org. No need to book, please just turn up on the day at 2pm.
Attending this event will help you gain points towards your Spirit of Sussex Award.
By: Maya Cadman
Last updated: Tuesday, 26 September 2023