Vaccinations and medication

Find out which vaccinations you need and what medication you should pack before you arrive.

Getting vaccinated

Speak to your doctor or the on-campus NHS health centre to make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date.

The main vaccinations you should consider cover:

You may be able to get these free of charge if you register with a doctor.

If you’re applying for a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, check whether you need to have a tuberculosis (TB) test before you leave home.

Find out more about these illnesses.

Packing medication

Pharmacies in the UK sell a range of over-the-counter medication. For any medication requiring a prescription, make sure you pack what you need so you have enough to last until you have registered with a doctor.

If you’re travelling from overseas, keep all medication in its original packaging as airport staff might want to see it. Read about what to do if think you’re bringing medication to the UK that contains controlled drugs.

Pharmacy on campus

You can collect prescriptions and buy medicines, cosmetics and toiletries from the pharmacy on campus. It is open in term time from 9am until 5.30pm and 9.30am to 4.30pm in non-term time.

You can contact the pharmacy by calling (+44) (0)1273 699883.

See more from Before you arrive