Emergency financial help

Learn about short-term loans provided by the University and money awarded to Sussex students in hardship.

Your options

Hardship Fund

You can apply for Hardship funding, which we provide with the help of generous donors.

This money is a grant we give to our students who are most in need.

Welfare Loan

You can request a Welfare Loan and receive up to £700.

This is money you must repay within a few weeks.

Claiming disability assessment costs

If you are a student with a specific learning difference (SpLD), such as dyslexia, you might be able to claim for the costs of an SpLD assessment.

Find out about Specific Learning Difference assessments.