Find out what you should do if you’re arriving late at night during Welcome Weekend or after it has ended.
Arriving late at night on Welcome Weekend
Find out where to collect your keys if you’re due to arrive after 6pm on this weekend.
You can use some shops, bars and cafes until 10pm, and the Co-op convenience store is open until 11pm. After this, services are limited.
If you have booked a University coach from Heathrow due to arrive after 6pm, a student helper will tell you where to get your keys.
If you’re renting privately, find out where coaches stop so you can plan your journey.
If you’re lost or have any difficulties, you can go to the 24-hour receptions at York House or East Slope residences on campus, or Stanmer Court next to Falmer Station. They’re open throughout the year.
Arriving after Welcome Weekend
If you are living in University-managed accommodation, you must email Housing Services on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your key collection point will depend on where you’re living, and possibly what time you’re arriving.
You must let Housing Services know you will be arriving late as soon as possible. Tell them when you expect to arrive so your room is not allocated to another student.
If you’re renting accommodation privately, speak to your letting agent or landlord.
Arriving after your classes start
If you arrive after the beginning of autumn term, you must:
- check your course timetable
- complete registration
You can also see staff in your school office if you have any queries or want to contact your academic adviser.
If your arrival has been delayed because of a visa application, email our admissions office to tell them.
If you’re studying:
Getting help during Welcome Week
If you need help, you can go to:
- the Welcome Hub at Library Square or our help desk near Bramber House. These are open from 10am to 4pm during Welcome Week and the first week of term
- the International Student Support office, open from 10am to 4pm
- staff wearing orange “ask me” badges or sashes and ask them a question
- Residential Advisers, if you’re living in University-managed accommodation. Meet yours at your kitchen meeting or, if you arrive after this, they’ll arrange a one-to-one meeting. You can find contact details for them in your kitchen.
If you’re arriving from overseas after Welcome Week, you can still get help and meet other new students.
The International Student Support office is running weekly meetings for students who have missed Welcome Week.
These take place in Bramber House, room 231, between 1pm and 2pm, on:
- Friday 4 October
- Friday 11 October
- Friday 18 October
- Friday 25 October.