Find out where you can eat and shop on and off campus.
Where to eat on campus
You can enjoy freshly-prepared food and drink at the following:
- Eat Central, Bramber House, Ground floor
- Arts Piazza Café, located at the front of Arts A
- Dhaba Café, Arts C, Ground floor
- Northfield Bar, next to Northfield porter’s lodge
- Doctors Orders Café, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Ground floor
- Library Café, The Library
- Botanical Café, Jubilee Building
- Change Please tuk tuk, inside the Student Centre
- Falmer Bar & Deli, Falmer House, Ground floor
- Room 76, inside Falmer Bar
- ACCA cafe, Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts
- IDS Bar, in the Institute of Development Studies next to the Library.
Tip: If you have a reusable cup, you get cheaper hot drinks in the cafés on campus.
Where to shop on campus
In the arches next to the Student Centre, there is:
- the Students’ Union Shop, selling clothing, accessories and gifts (plus there’s the Students’ Union Shop Online)
- Taj the Grocer, for a wider selection of foods from around the world
- the campus pharmacy, for medicine and prescriptions
- an opticians called Liberty Glasses.
You can also buy fruit, vegetables and other groceries from the market in Falmer House quad, Tuesdays and Thursdays during term time.
Where to eat near campus
You can also sit down for a meal at:
- The Swan Inn, Middle Street, Falmer
- Dick’s Bar, Brighton and Hove Albion, American Express Community Stadium.
- Stanmer Park Tea Rooms, Stanmer Park, Brighton.
Where to shop locally
The nearest supermarket to campus is an Aldi store on Lewes Road in Brighton. It is a 15-minute bus ride from campus using the 23, 25 and 25X buses.
There is also a large Sainsbury’s supermarket on Lewes Road at the Vogue Gyratory, using the same buses.
You’ll also find an Asda supermarket in the Brighton suburb of Hollingbury. You can get the 5B bus there, although bus times from campus are limited.
Other supermarkets and shops
You can get buses from campus to the following:
- Aldi, London Road, Brighton, BN1 4JA
- The Co-op, London Road, Brighton, BN1 4JH
- Sainsbury’s, New England Street, Brighton, BN1 4GQ
- Morrisons, St James’s Street, Brighton, BN2 1RE
- Waitrose, Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2LA
- Lidl, Arundel Road, Brighton, BN2 5TB
- Asda, Brighton Marina, BN2 5UT
- Tesco, Church Road, Hove, BN3 2DL
- Waitrose, Eastgate Street, Lewes, BN7 2LP
- Aldi, Brooks Road, Lewes, BN7 2BY
- Tesco, Brooks Road, Lewes, BN7 2BY.
Speciality food stores
- Taj, Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2AD
- Infinity Foods, North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YA
- HISBE, York Place, Brighton, BN1 4GU
- Brighton Open Market, Marshall’s Row, Brighton, BN1 4JU.
See these shops on a Google map (opens in new tab).
More and more students are getting together to do an online shop delivered directly to their door.
You can do food shopping online with most major supermarket chains as well as online supermarket Ocado.