If you have Covid-19 symptoms you must self-isolate and let us know using a simple form. All the details are available here.

Report a housing problem

Let us know if there is a fault or issue in your accommodation or your building.

Who to contact

Repairs, maintenance and cleaning

If something needs fixing, we missed a cleaning round or you think there are pests in your building, the first thing to do is tell us.

If you live on campus in:

If you live off campus, in University-managed accommodation, email offcampus@sef.fm.

If you’re renting in the private sector, check your responsibilities as a tenant.

Housemate behaviour

To report problems with flatmates:

Room allocation

If you want to change rooms:

Wifi problems

If you need to report internet or network issues, contact:

For East Slope housing, call 0333 308 0090 quoting “Optify” or email care@optifyyourworld.com.

Rent queries

If you have an enquiry about your rent:

Construction complaints

If you have a concern about the impact of building works:

Next steps

Once you have told us about your problem, we will aim to sort it out as soon as possible.

Complaints about your accommodation

If you are unhappy with how we have handled your problem, you can make a complaint.

If your complaint relates to:

  • repairs and maintenance
  • cleaning
  • pest control

email estatesadmin@sussex.ac.uk.

If your complaint relates to:

  • room allocation
  • housemate behaviour
  • your tenancy agreement

email housing@sussex.ac.uk.

We will tell you if a rent rebate applies to your complaint.

Our University-managed accommodation is run by Sussex Estates and Facilities (SEF) – see detailed information about residences run by SEF.

Other complaints

If you have another complaint, not related to your accommodation, see the University complaints procedure.

See more from Living with us