Find guidelines, rules, regulations and policies relating to students at the University of Sussex.
List of policies
We have a range of policies designed to help and protect you.
- Accessible facilties for disabled students
- Guidance on creating accessible information (what we tell our staff)
- Using assistive technology for your studies
- University accessibility statement.
- Accommodation Handbook [PDF 1.4MB]
- Declaration of relevant unspent criminal convictions
- Licence to occupy
- Privacy notice for housing applications [DOCX 22KB]
- Rent rebate policy [DOC 24KB]
- Repairs and accommodation complaints
- Why we might not be able to house you.
Data and privacy
- Data protection [PDF 70KB]
- How we will communicate with you
- My Sussex privacy notice
- Privacy notice for the Directorate of Student Experience
- Complaints and appeals
- Cost of living
- Dignity and Respect
- Equality and diversity at Sussex
- Industrial action
- Public health advice, such as during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Report + Support.
University regulations and policies
- Additional Costs policy [PDF 133KB]
- Attendance, Engagement and Absence policy
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies issuing policy [PDF 228KB]
- Drugs policy
- Exams and Assessment regulations
- Fee Liability Policy [PDF 157KB]
- Governance regulations and policies
- Refund policy
- Student Debt Recovery policy [PDF 129KB]
- Student Discipline regulation [PDF 210KB]
- Student Complaints procedure [PDF 246KB]
- Student Protection plan [PDF 161KB]
- Visa Overstayers policy [PDF 156KB].
- Background to building the Student Hub
- Give feedback on the Student Hub – tell us if you had difficulties finding the information you were looking for
- Report website issues to Digital and Creative Media.