Represent Sussex, share your experiences and gain new skills as a Student Ambassador.
About the programme
Student Ambassadors are current students who provide a warm and friendly face for prospective students. Learn about some of our Ambassadors.
There are a range of Student Ambassador jobs and you can choose a role based on the opportunities that interest you.
You could work across campus open days, Welcome Week, off-campus school and college visits or online events.
What you get out of it
As well as earning money, you can boost your CV by learning how to:
- communicate with people on all levels
- work as part of a team
- develop time management skills
- use your own initiative and be pro-active
- develop your presentation and public speaking skills
- interact and engage with people from different backgrounds.
Taking on this kind of job also builds self-confidence and helps you identify leadership skills.
Plus you can learn about the inner-workings of the University and network with staff and students.
Spirit of Sussex points
As a Student Ambassador, you can earn points that count towards a Spirit of Sussex Award.
What you can do
Roles at our events are varied. You might be involved with:
- creating content for our website or social media
- answering questions from prospective students through our Unibuddy platform
- presenting in front of prospective students on subjects such as student life, student finance and applying to uni
- giving housing tours
- representing Sussex on student panels.
Apply to be an Ambassador
Anyone who is a student at Sussex (undergraduate or postgraduate) can apply to be a Student Ambassador.
What we’re looking for
In all these roles, we’re looking for students who have:
- a positive and friendly attitude
- excellent communication skills
- good knowledge of campus
- the ability to talk confidently about their experiences
- team-player qualities.
We welcome applications from students from all backgrounds – you don’t need to have any professional experience or have worked in a similar role to apply.
We want people who are hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic.
How to apply
You apply for Student Ambassador roles through CareerHub.
Log in with your normal Sussex details and search “ambassador” for the latest roles.
There are two main stages to the application process: an online application and then, if you’re successful, an interview.
You’ll find the online application on CareersHub and you’ll just need to tell us a bit about yourself and why you want to be an ambassador.
If you’re shortlisted you’ll be invited to interview. The interview process takes up either a morning or an afternoon and will involve a short (five-minute) one-to-one interview and a group task where you’ll be able to demonstrate your team-working, presenting and problem-solving skills.
See more help with: