You may need to apply for a visa to study at Sussex. You can get immigration and visa support throughout your time with us – from when you apply to when you graduate.

Contact our international advisers

We offer advice on student and short-term study visas as well as general visa and immigration issues.

Tip: If you want to see an immigration solicitor, ask how much they charge for their services first.

How to get in touch

As a current student, you can log into My Sussex to get more information and direct advice from our teams. Please carefully read our confidentiality information before contacting us.

Go to my sussex

If you haven't started at Sussex yet, or have graduated, you can contact our International Advisors for help with your Student visa.

If you need more detailed advice, a member of our team will arrange a phone or video appointment with you.

If you’re already in contact with us, reply to the emails you have received.


All advice is confidential and we will process your personal data in line with the University’s Data Protection Policy. However, we are obliged to notify UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) about certain issues under the terms of the sponsor license the University operates under, including reporting breaches of Student visa conditions.

Your student visa conditions  relate to study (including change of course and sponsor), work and not claiming public funds. It is particularly important you do not exceed the number of hours you are permitted to work during term time. If you let us know you have breached one of these conditions, we will need to inform our UKVI Compliance team who are obliged to report this to UKVI. Breaches of a Student visa condition are a criminal offence and can have serious consequences for your immigration status in the UK.

You have the option of discussing the above with other advisers including the UK Council of International Student Affairs (who offer a free confidential advice line) or an immigration solicitor.

We are permitted to offer you immigration advice and do so in accordance with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner’s Guidelines, as well as the UK Council for International Student Affairs’ (UKCISA) Code of Ethics.