Find out when you can take a biomedical admissions test (BMAT) at Sussex.
About the biomedical admissions test
We run BMAT exams for current students at Sussex.
These are the two routes:
- You will usually be studying biomedicine, medical neuroscience or pharmacy in the School of Life Sciences. If you’re in your first or third year of study you can apply to study medicine at BSMS via the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). Contact the Life Sciences school office for more information about the GIS. To register for the BMAT, see below.
- Alternatively, if you are in your final year of undergraduate study with us and want to transfer to a medical course at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) or another university in the UK, see how to register for the BMAT below.
The standard fee is £48.
If you miss the standard entry fee deadline, there is a late entry fee of £81.
Links to the Sussex online shop appear here when they’re active.
Preparing for the test
You can get some free resources to help you prepare for the BMAT.
In addition, see what help you can get if you have a disability or special requirements.
If you’re not studying at Sussex
We only offer this exam to students currently at the University of Sussex.
Read our BMAT information for prospective students if you’re not already at Sussex.
How to register
To register for the BMAT and make payment, email email@example.com when registration opens.
When to register
Registration dates are as follows:
- 1 September – registration opens
- 27 September – last date for modified question paper requests
- 1 October – standard entry fees apply until 5pm
- 15 October – entries can be made until 6pm (subject to the late entry fee). This is the last deadlines for all entries.