WEBINAR: Preparing for your viva (Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences)
22 April 2020 14:00 until 17:00
Speaker: Dr Bipashyee Ghosh
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic and the University’s decision to suspend all classroom teaching, this workshop is currently being reviewed to be delivered as a webinar. Attendees will be notified via email as soon as further details have been confirmed.
Visit the University’s Coronavirus webpage for the lastest Coronavirus advice and guidance for doctoral researchers.
Target audience: Doctoral researchers in the mid-late stage from any Arts and Humanities and Social Science discipline
The doctoral viva can be a daunting experience for which you need to be well-prepared.
This workshop will de-mystify the viva process and requirements, and provide you with useful guidance on preparing for the big day.
You'll also hear examples of real questions and experiences from recent successful vivas across different Schools, and benefit from the opportunity to participate in a mock viva.
Learning outcomes: By the end of the workshop you will have
- Understood the viva process and possible outcomes
- Received practical guidance on familiarising yourself with your thesis and preparing for potential questions
- Gained useful insights on what to expect and how to get ready for your viva
- "Excellent coverage of the main steps leading to the viva"
- "Very useful handouts and extra readings"
- "I came away with a focused idea of what would be expected, it minimised my anxieties!"
Related online module: Preparing for your Viva