Your opportunity to find out about green jobs, hear from inspirational speakers and take part in a mini sustainability challenge.
What to expect
Green Futures took place on Monday 27 March 2023, 9.45am–4.30pm, in Woodland 2/3, The Student Centre.
Green Futures is an exciting new event that will provide you with:
- a better understanding of the green jobs market, including what a ‘green’ job is and where to find one
- increased confidence and understanding of the value you can bring, whatever your skillset, experience, or academic discipline
- an opportunity to gain real-world experience.
On the day, students will work on mini sustainability challenges set by organisations, and hear about a new sustainability internship programme being launched exclusively to Sussex students.
You will hear talks from:
- employers from a range of industries, representing job market areas where there is green job growth. This includes sustainable energy, public policy, consultancy, tourism, finance, transport, not-for-profits and land, marine and buildings management
- recent Sussex graduates who are now working in green jobs
- a high-profile special guest and keynote.
How to attend
The application deadline for Green Futures has now passed.
Places are limited and will be allocated based on:
- why you would like to take part
- the number of applicants from each academic school.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.