Find out what to do if there’s a change to your personal information or you get a new passport.
Who to tell about changes
If your personal details change while you’re studying with us, you might need to tell us or the authorities.
What to tell us about
If your contact details change, such as your phone number or address, update your profile in Sussex Direct.
For any other amendments, check this list of personal changes on the UKCISA website. If your update is listed, contact us.
- an undergraduate or Masters student, email email@example.com or call 01273 877093
- a PhD student, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 876550.
Who else you must inform
You may also need to report your personal changes to UKVI, including contact detail changes.
If you registered with the police when you came to Sussex, you’ll also need to make changes to your police registration.
Changes before you get your visa
If you have accepted an offer to study with us but have not started at Sussex, and the details you gave us in your application have changed, you need to tell us.
If you are a:
- new undergraduate student, email email@example.com
- new Masters student, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- new PhD student, email email@example.com
- visiting and exchange student, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- student studying an English language course, email email@example.com.
If you’re studying as part of our International Summer School or Junior Research Associate scheme, you apply for a short-term study visa.
If you get a new passport or visa
If you get a new passport or visa, you must show it to us.
- an undergraduate or Masters student, visit the Student Systems and Records Office in Bramber House
- a PhD student, visit the Research Student Administration Office in Sussex House.