Find out what to do if there’s a change to your personal information or you get a new passport.

Who to tell about changes

If your personal details change while you’re studying with us, you might need to tell us or the authorities.

What to tell us about

If your contact details change, such as your phone number or address, update your profile in Sussex Direct.

For any other amendments, check this list of personal changes on the UKCISA website. If your update is listed, contact us.

If youre: 

Who else you must inform 

You may also need to report your personal changes to UKVI, including contact detail changes.

To update your details on your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), you will have to pay £75.20 for a replacement. View more details about fees on the website.

Changes before you get your visa 

If you have accepted an offer to study with us but have not started at Sussex, and the details you gave us in your application have changed, you need to tell us.

If you are a:

If you’re studying as part of our International Summer School or Junior Research Associate scheme, you apply for a short-term study visa.

If you get a new passport or visa 

If you get a new passport or visa, you must show it to us.

If you’re:

  • an undergraduate or Masters student, visit the Student Systems and Records Office in Bramber House
  • a PhD student, visit the Research Student Administration Office in Sussex House.

See more from Change of circumstances