Find out about collecting belongings when you move out, keeping belongings safe and the contents insurance included in rent.
Safety of belongings
Univesity-managed accommodation is generally very safe.
You can skip to:
When you leave your room, lock the door and shut the window – even if you are only popping next door for a minute.
To help keep belongings safe, you can:
- mark your possessions with a UV pen (including your name, University and student number) so the police can identify you as the owner should your belongings be handed to them
- keep a list of any valuables including makes, models and serial numbers – register them at immobilise.com so you can try to recover them if they are stolen
- note any details you might need if anything goes missing, such as phone numbers to cancel bank cards, phone contracts and to access benefits of your insurance policy
- have copies of any important documents, such as your passport, and store them separately to the originals.
- get netting or blinds, particularly for the ground floor, to prevent people from seeing your possessions.
Tip: Never leave your laptop unattended on campus – especially in the library, cafes or study areas. If you’re carrying it around, put it inside a larger bag rather than making it obvious by carrying it only in its case. Back up your work on mobile storage devices or external hard drives. And remember: computer theft or breakdown are not considered acceptable reasons for late or non-submitted work.
If you’re living in University-managed accommodation, your rent includes contents insurance.
Your rent, for both on- and off-campus accommodation run by us, includes basic contents insurance for your bedroom, subject to a number of conditions and cover level.
Checking your cover
Your contents insurance is provided by Endsleigh. It is important to know exactly what you’re covered for, as you may feel the contents cover is not sufficient and that you wish to extend it.
To see the protection provided you must:
- visit the Endsleigh website to check your policy details
- enter in your policy number, which is HH1152.
- what is covered
- key exclusions and limitations
- your policy excess
- how to make a claim, extend and personalise your cover.
How to make a claim
If you need to make a claim on your policy, visit the Endsleigh claims centre.
You must have your policy number and details of the claim you need to make.
If you need more help or advice, email email@example.com.
When you move out of University-managed accommodation, you need to take all your belongings with you.
You need to book a slot to clear your room and return keys.
If you cannot collect your belongings
If you are not able to return to campus to collect your belongings and return your key, you should arrange for collection and storage or shipping before the end of your accommodation agreement.
Packing and storage companies
There are a number of storage companies locally and nationally that now offer room packing and storage services to students.
Some companies will store your items at a charge until you are able to collect them. Others offer international shipping of items. These services will cost you money and prices vary, so we recommend you research, read reviews and get quotes from more than one company before deciding which one to use.
Here are some companies that we know offer student room packing services:
The University has no affiliation with these companies and cannot be held responsible for any service received.
Making arrangements with your residence
Once you have organised to collect belongings (this could be through a packing company, a friend or a family member) you must tell us before the day of collection.
- your residence reception – see a list of residence email addresses and opening hours under "Residential porter contacts"
You must send this message from your Sussex email account so we can verify your identity.
In your email, include:
- your full name
- the full name of anyone who needs access to your room
- the name of the packing company (if applicable)
- your room number
- the time and date you have scheduled collection.
On the day of collection, you or your appointed representative must bring photographic ID and collect a temporary key from the residence reception to access your room.
The key must be returned to reception once your room is cleared. You will be liable for the cost of any keys not returned. See a list of residence receptions and out of hours coverage.
Returning your original keys
If you nominated a representative to collect your belongings and you still have your original room key, please post your key to your residence reception. Include a note in the envelope with your full name and student registration number.
Do not mail your key until after your room is cleared, as once keys are received you will be checked out and any remaining items in your room will be disposed of.
For security reasons, we recommend you do not write your room number anywhere on or in the envelope and you send the key by recorded delivery.
You will be liable for the cost of any keys that are not returned or do not reach the residence reception.