If you have Covid-19 symptoms you must self-isolate and let us know using a simple form. All the details are available here.

How to access disability support

Find out how to get adjustments for your course and assessments while studying at Sussex.

Applying for reasonable adjustments

You can get reasonable adjustments for your course if you have an ongoing disability including:

  • a physical disability
  • a mental health condition
  • a learning condition.

If you have a temporary condition (such as a broken arm or pregnancy) you can also apply for this.

See how to apply for reasonable adjustments.

Getting funded support

If you receive a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) through the government, you could get specialised tuition to help you through your studies. In some cases, you might be eligible for equipment (such as laptops and voice recorders).

If you have an eligible mental health condition, you can get specialist mentoring.

To access this support you:

  1. Apply to the DSA scheme to get an entitlement letter advising you to book a needs assessment;
  2. Book your needs assessment to get a needs assessment report;
  3. Bring your needs assessment report and entitlement letter to the Student Support Unit to access the support you have been granted.

Space to rest and study

If you want a quiet space to study or relax, we have a room with adjustable lighting, medication fridges and rest areas.

It is based in the Students’ Union in Falmer House. It’s on the first floor with step-free access.

See more from Get help and support