Keep track of essential tasks during your first week as a Sussex student – and tick off some other activities and opportunities along the way.
Using this checklist
Starting university is exciting but it can also be a bit overwhelming.
You can use this checklist to help you keep track of the important activities you need to complete before you get going.
It also features varied and exciting opportunities that are available while you're a Sussex student – pick the activities and events that feel right for you.
- Complete the essentials
- Prepare for your studies
- Explore activities on and around campus
- Discover student support services
- Look after your wellbeing
- Take part in Students’ Union activities
- Activate your systems at Sussex
Check that you can log in and access the different digital systems and platforms you’ll need during your studies:
- see what IT support is available
- explore the Student Hub for all the information you need
- log in to Canvas to access resources beyond your lectures and seminars
- log in to Sussex Direct to manage your personal details and access your library account
- find your teaching timetable
- download the SussexMobile App for easy access to your emails and course timetables
- Enhance your studies
Learn about the following opportunities during your studies:
- discover events and activities to help you belong at Sussex
- develop your academic skills
- learn about our English language support (for international students)
- find out about becoming or nominating a Student Rep
- become a Student Ambassador
- learn about the Spirit of Sussex Award platform
- find out about opportunities for studying abroad
- gain practical experience with internships
- think about life after uni by learning about jobs and careers