Follow our suggestions of activities to keep you busy while staying at home and getting through lockdown.
Student things to do
Careers in Media, Arts and Communications
Wed 3 March 2021
14:00 until 15:30
A series of events designed to give an insight into different careers, expand your ideas, develop your skills and make contacts.
Online drop-in for taught postgraduates with the Vice-Chancellor and PGT Officer
Thu 4 March 2021
15:00 until 16:00
Online via Zoom
Come along to ask questions or speak about your experience as a postgraduate student.
Recommended for you
Here are some suggested activities you might enjoy.
Things you can do
- get active indoors or locally through recreation organisations connecting you with the outdoors and our natural environments
- 360 tour of the Tate
- virtual tour of the National Gallery
- a virtual look around the National Portrait Gallery
- access to the Courtauld Institute of Art virtual tour
- a digital walk through the Met museum
- TimeOut’s pick of online museum tours around the world
- PE with Joe Wicks – aimed at children but suitable for everyone
- cooking and baking workshops you can stream in your kitchen – compiled by TimeOut.
Stuff you can watch
- a Sussex Digital Media Guru YouTube playlist – featuring videos on student life during lockdown, International Women's Day and more
- Virtual London Zoo – live streams of animals
- Live animal webcams from zoos around the world
- National Theatre at Home streaming service
- Royal Opera House performances
- Sadler’s Well Digital Stage
- the best live concerts to watch online – according to TimeOut
- Salon London book club (ticketed).
Something to listen to
- The Sussex Roundtable podcast – hosted by Sussex Digital Media Gurus and discussing topics ranging from coping with lockdown, managing student housing and tips for mental health
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona by William Shakespeare – from The Show Must Go Online
- London Symphony Orchestra online concerts
- the best podcasts about music – according to TimeOut.
Ways to connect with others
- Morning Hustlers – free accountability and inspiration for 10 minutes every day
- Morning Gloryville online raves – get moving on a Saturday morning
- the Social Distancing Festival – an online community celebrating the work of artists around the world
- become a volunteer for Age UK
- join a local group to help vulnerable people – run by Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK.
Topics to learn about
- Looking after your wellbeing – find out about online mental health tools and other resources
- scroll through an interactive timeline of history
- creative isolation projects from the March Network
- free online courses on Open Learn
- creative courses online – discounted prices.