If you have Covid-19 symptoms you must self-isolate and let us know using a simple form. All the details are available here.

Contents insurance

If you’re living in University-managed accommodation, your rent will include contents insurance. Find out about your level of cover and, if you need to, how to make a claim.

What is covered

If you have been allocated University-managed accommodation, both on and off campus and in our Sussex Homes residences, your rent includes basic contents insurance for your bedroom, subject to a number of conditions and cover level.

Check your cover

We have arranged contents insurance for you with Endsleigh. It is important for you to check this cover.

To see the protection provided you must:

  • visit Endsleigh to check your policy details
  • enter in your policy number, which is HH1152.

You should then read:

  • what is covered
  • key exclusions and limitations
  • your policy excess
  • how to make a claim, extend and personalise your cover.

It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for as you may find that the contents cover is not sufficient and you need to extend it.

How to make a claim

If you need to make a claim on your policy you should visit the Endsleigh claims centre.

You must have your policy number and details of the claim you need to make.

If you need further help or advice, contact the housing office on housing@sussex.ac.uk.

See more from Your welfare