Win great prizes and explore the local area by taking part in our annual photo competition for new international students.
What is it?
Every year our photo competition offers new international students an exciting opportunity to share the sights that impact you the most during your first few weeks at Sussex.
The theme of the competition is ‘First Impressions of the UK’.
This could include:
- the British weather
- new friends
- Sussex campus
- your accommodation
- new experiences
- Brighton and the local area.
What prizes are on offer?
First place will receive a £50 Amazon voucher, second place a £30 Amazon voucher and third place a £20 Amazon voucher.
How to take part
The competition will run from Saturday 21 September to 4pm on Monday 21 October. Winners will be announced at 4pm on Monday 28 October.
You can submit up to five photos.
You can either:
- email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, and write ‘Photo Competition’ in the subject line. If your photos are too big, you can send them using a file sharing website such as WeTransfer.
- post your photo on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #FirstImpressionsoftheUK. We won’t be able to view photos posted to a private Instagram or Twitter account.
You should provide your full name and a caption for your photos included in your social media post or email.
- See our terms and conditions
1. The competition will open on Saturday 21 September and close at 4pm on Monday 21 October. Any photos submitted outside of this period will not be considered. The winners will be announced at 4pm on Monday 28 October.
2. To be eligible to enter you must usually live outside of the UK.
3. Students may submit a maximum of five entries each.
4. All photos submitted must be your own.
5. Unless you tell us otherwise directly, by submitting your entries you are giving us permission to use your photos on our website and on other publicity materials. All photographs used in this way will be accredited with your name. If you do not wish to have your photos used in this way, let us know by emailing email@example.com. You will still be able to take part in the competition if you do not want your photos used in this way.
6. If any of your photos prominently feature another person, ensure you have their permission to enter the photo into the competition and that they are aware it may appear on our website and other publicity materials. This applies to any person whose face is clearly visible in your photo, even if they are not the main focus.
7. Any photos that have obviously been digitally altered or had elements added or removed using editing software (e.g. Photoshop) will be disqualified. Minor digital enhancements such as filters are acceptable.
8. Take all necessary precautions to ensure your health and safety when taking photos. Do not place yourself in any potentially hazardous positions or situations (e.g. high ledges, busy roads) in order to capture a photo for this competition.
9. International Student Support will judge all of the photography entries and choose a winner.
10. The student with the winning photograph shall receive a prize of a £50 Amazon voucher. The second place student shall receive a £30 Amazon voucher. The third place student shall receive a £20 Amazon voucher.