We’re redesigning our student pages and want to hear what you think.
What we’re doing
We want to put students at the centre of our decision-making.
So we're redesigning our student-facing web pages to make them more user-friendly and accessible. In the long-term, we’re also aiming to bring all the information you will need into one place – the Student Hub.
What we’ve done
We received a lot of feedback after the Hub went live in August 2018 and made the following changes.
- restyled the popular links to make them stand out more, and added links to the schools and the Students' Union
- added a border-top colour to the main navigation blocks to make them easier to scan
- reduced the number of red links on the page
- put in a search bar.
The new students section was launched in August 2018.
In a student survey last year, there was a desire for a greater sense of community. So we brought together the services and schemes that enhance your time at Sussex through our experience pages.
We also introduced some images to a rotating calendar of signposts to other parts of the Sussex site.
What you’ve said
We have continued to test the Hub with current Sussex students.
You have told us the homepage still looks very wordy. You have also said the colours look very bright and white.
In 2019, we are looking at:
- taking bullet points off the navigation blocks and creating a second tier of interim pages
- adjusting the background and block colours so they're easier on the eye
- moving news and events into the Student Hub template for consistency.
We are continuing to bring parts of the Sussex website into the Hub – with a focus on exams, assessment and feedback.
We are also looking at user tasks around visas.
Tell us what you think
Even though this website has been live since August 2018, you’re still seeing an early version of it.
We want to know what you think. Your feedback will continue to help shape our work.