Find out how to get help if you or someone you know is experiencing bullying.

Urgent help

The University is committed to providing a safe, inclusive and respectful environment for every member of our community. If you have just been assaulted, feel you are at risk, think that others may be at risk, or need urgent medical help, find out how to get help or call the emergency services on 999.

Emotional or physical bullying

Although there is no legal definition, generally bullying is behaviour which is intended to hurt someone either emotionally or physically.

Bullying can be a one-off or it can go on for a long time. Bullying can happen to anyone. Bullying is not always deliberate; someone may demonstrate bullying behaviour without intending to.

Whichever form it takes, it might make you or a group of you feel embarrassed, fearful, humiliated or distressed.  If you feel uncomfortable and would like to tell someone about such an experience at university, use the Report and Support tool to let us know.

Find out more about bullying.

Getting help from the University 

To disclose an incident to the University and receive support use our Report and Support tool. This does not trigger a ‘formal’ report to the University, but it is the best way to seek expert advice and support.

If you live in University-managed accommodation and need help at night or over the weekend, find out who to contact at the University.

Use report and support

Local and national help

There are organisations and charities that can help if you have experience a hate crime, incident or discrimination.

See the help and support available.

See more from Getting help